Welcome

I have a passion for decorating, shopping flea markets, garage sales, and crafting. I have browsed and "creeped" many blogs and discover that I have something to share. So after weeks of trying to decide how to get a blog started I am finally here. I'm still learning about the technololgy part (not my strong suit)but I hope to post many pictures of my house before and after, my antique booth, and my ideas on decorating and crafting. I believe everyone deserves to live in a beautiful space and not break the budget to get it!! Looking forward to your feedback, talk to you soon.



Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Flea Market Junk/Treasures

Hi Guys, It's been a while and boy have I been busy!  I have gone and opened up another booth in Keller!  Pickers Point on Hwy 377.  It just opened this June but filled up within 3 weeks.  I was on the waiting list and so when they called I felt that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get in before holiday shopping season.  So that meant more garage sales, flea markets, and estate sales.
I love old/vintage things, I like to imagine who had this piece, how did they use it, how did they live.  I like that these old things are worn, peeling and even rusted.  I also love to think that I can give them a new life and keep them from getting thrown into a landfill.  Therefore I shop and restore for purely unselfish reasons!! :) Recycling at it's finest.




I bought this desk at an estate sale in Ft. Worth. I love the old neighborhoods in Ft. Worth!! I might move there one day. Anyway this was a steal.  It was mostly in great shape and with a little paint it is gorgeous.  I had the chair and just recovered the seat.
 
the wood was really dried out and some of the appliques are broken.


Here it is in my dining room.  Do I have to sell it????


Another garage sale find. a couple of the handles were missing but otherwise a beautiful piece.  Oh hey look at those chickens. :)


Before


This chest was in my living room.  It was part of a bedroom set in my husbands first house as a bachelor.  Then it was in Jake's room for years, it got "used" alot.  I painted it in the 90's (can you tell) when crackle and vines were in.  It was time to bring this family chest into 2011.  The crackle is very deep so even painting over it they were still showing so I decided to decoupage' the whole thing.  What the heck!! 


It turned out better than I imagined it could.  So cool if I say so myself.  Bye Bye dripping vines!!


Here it is again in my dining room, do I have to sell it????


Here is my newest location of Nell Rose Place in Keller. Pickers Point on Hwy 377




Here is my booth in Hurst. 


Hope you guys are having a great September.  Come by and check out my booths, send me any before and afters you may have, I would love to see all of the creativity going on out there. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment