Welcome

I have a passion for decorating, shopping flea markets, garage sales, and crafting. I have browsed and "creeped" many blogs and discover that I have something to share. So after weeks of trying to decide how to get a blog started I am finally here. I'm still learning about the technololgy part (not my strong suit)but I hope to post many pictures of my house before and after, my antique booth, and my ideas on decorating and crafting. I believe everyone deserves to live in a beautiful space and not break the budget to get it!! Looking forward to your feedback, talk to you soon.



Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Arts and Crafts

Finally October guys!!! Fall always puts me in the decorating and crafting mood!  I admit that lately I have been slightly addicted to modge podge and have been decoupageing everything!!  Here are some cute little pumpkins that couldn't get away!


I bought these plastic pumpkins from Wal Mart for $5.  They have nicer ones at Michaels but I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out so I didn't want to spend too much.  Besides the pumpkin will get covered so shiney fake looking pumpkins are ok for this project.

In my experience tissue paper works better than other stiff or thick paper.  Just tear pieces and begin gluing. It's ok if you overlap, random looks best (my opinion) 


Here they are in my centerpiece basket of fall goodies.  I hadn't noticed before but that squash looks ummm weird.?? The pumpkins look so cute, don't you think? 

Here is another quick and easy project for Halloween.  This wreath literally cost me nothing, I had all of these items already from previous projects or just on a shelf in a hall closet.  I got the grapevine wreath out of my neighbors trash. Thanks Carlotta. The dried leaves are from my yard (Hot Dry summer, remember)  The BOO letters are cardboard cutouts that I traced, cut out and painted.  The flowers come from a discarded floral arrangement because the flowers were ugly. :)  Out of the closet Scary Kitty, now she gets to pose on my front door and welcome Trick or Treaters. Yay.

So much crafting that I needed a break, Let's go outside doggies!!

Looks like that squirrel better run!!!

Here is my paper flower craft.  Start with any kind of tissue paper.  Cut about 8 or 10 squares about 8inch by 8 inches.

fold the whole stack into accordian pleats

gather in the center with floral wireand fan it out.

Next start pulling one layer at a time on both sides

This is how the layers should look after they are separated.

here are a couple that I did.  The other one is done with pattern paper. 

I think they are so cute on my hutch, and you never have to water them!!
Well that's all I have for today folks.  Hope you are having a great week, get busy decorating.  Until next time...Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment