Welcome

I have a passion for decorating, shopping flea markets, garage sales, and crafting. I have browsed and "creeped" many blogs and discover that I have something to share. So after weeks of trying to decide how to get a blog started I am finally here. I'm still learning about the technololgy part (not my strong suit)but I hope to post many pictures of my house before and after, my antique booth, and my ideas on decorating and crafting. I believe everyone deserves to live in a beautiful space and not break the budget to get it!! Looking forward to your feedback, talk to you soon.



Friday, December 2, 2011

It's Christmas Time!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I did.  My sister was visiting from La. and all my kids were here, yay!! we ate, we watched football, we ate, we shopped, we ate...well you get the picture. I love Christmas and decorating is always my favorite thing anyway so at Christmas, I get so happy!!  This year since I am hanging around in Antique Malls, Christmas came early.  I had both my booths done the first week of November.  And Christmas Music has been playing since about that time too.  I know some people hate it when the radio switches to Christmas music but I love it!! 



Here is my booth at Mid Cities Antique Mall. 



This is my booth at Golightly's.  Very different vibe.  At Mid Cities I went with more red and vibrant, playful decor. Here I used white and neutrals and more toned down colors.  I keep changing my mind on which one I like best.  what about you? Also notice the "NOEL" I decoupaged wooden letters that I bought at Hobby Lobby 1/2 price. Anyone can do this! 


I love this little wooden rocking horse.  I painted it and added the Christmas Bow, I think it would look so cute under your tree!!  I also love love the white trunk!!


My Christmas tree at home.  As you can see Santa has NOT been shopping yet!! 

oh and here is a blurry picture of the little white spiral tree at Golightly's.  (you can see the spiral better) I bought this for Lindsey's room several years ago on sale after Christmas. She had it done up in bright pink and purple with jewels as garland.  Fancy!!!  I have never seen one like it then or since.  I love it and have had many people want to buy it. there is a big tag on it NFS!!

Details on my tree.  I used this awesome burlap ribbon that I found in Canton.  It is rustic and just what I wanted this year.  I also added everything else (kitchen sink???)  The paper flowers and the rafia add to the rustic theme.  I have a large collection of sequin ornaments and I was worried that "rustic" wouldn't work with all the shiney glitz.  But I decided it does and also goes with all my kids homemade ornaments too.  It's my tree, anything goes!!

Homemade last year!!  My Best girl and baby girl.


I hope you have fun decorating your lives for Christmas, it's the best time of the year.  I'm the first one to get carried away with all the hype so I remind you "Don't forget the Reason for the Season". 

See you next time. :)

Gwen


1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so beautiful I must go this week and see shop in person. Oh I understand why Santa has had no time to shop.....Mrs. Claus has been fluffing antique booths!! Love your blog! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete