Welcome

I have a passion for decorating, shopping flea markets, garage sales, and crafting. I have browsed and "creeped" many blogs and discover that I have something to share. So after weeks of trying to decide how to get a blog started I am finally here. I'm still learning about the technololgy part (not my strong suit)but I hope to post many pictures of my house before and after, my antique booth, and my ideas on decorating and crafting. I believe everyone deserves to live in a beautiful space and not break the budget to get it!! Looking forward to your feedback, talk to you soon.



Friday, April 6, 2012

Fade to White

The closet door was also dark red, now it's light and so clean!
Hey there, It's spring and that means new beginnings.  (and cleaning but who wants to do that) Anywho I have been toying around with the idea of neutralizing my house.  We bought it in 1997 and painted every thing that wasn't moving.  Well time flies and that was 15 years ago!!  Wow. My colors were dark red and greens.  Still not terrible but I felt like I needed to come into the 2000's.  I started with my entry way. The wall paper was dark and distressed red and rust colors.  I just chose my favorite creamy white color and dry brushed over the red and here is the result. so much better!!




Here is a WHITE rocking chair I bought at my favorite thrift store. $49 BAM!!

I even decided to take on the living room darkness.  Not red but a distressed green that was dingy! The white is only a first coat but it brightens the room so much already.  I will post finished pictures on my next post.

I have had this couch for nearly 20 years, I'm only 29 how can that be??? Anyway it's looking pretty worn and so I bought this slipcover at Target for $50. It is kinda wrinkled but it looks fresh and feels soft. I couldn't resist the graphic pillows, aren't they cool!!

close up of my coolio pillows

Everything is turning up white and black, Sophie is my inspriration!

This bookshelf was Mexican pine, kinda yellowish brown.  I didn't realize the corner was so dark until I painted that thing white.  More after pictures to come! 

You can't really see in this picture but this little washstand has so much character and I love the marble top.  This might get painted one day but for now it's a beauty and staying just like it is. That picture is my Mama and Daddy on their wedding day. So pretty!

This little vanity couldn't escape the white paint brush!!  It is adorable and for sale in my booth!! I can't keep everything people!! :)
Spring cleaning, decluttering, cleaning closets, sheesh!!!  It does feel good to get rid of the old and a plus it makes room for more new stuff. :) 

 I hope all of you have a Happy Easter!! Poc Poc!!

Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment