Welcome

I have a passion for decorating, shopping flea markets, garage sales, and crafting. I have browsed and "creeped" many blogs and discover that I have something to share. So after weeks of trying to decide how to get a blog started I am finally here. I'm still learning about the technololgy part (not my strong suit)but I hope to post many pictures of my house before and after, my antique booth, and my ideas on decorating and crafting. I believe everyone deserves to live in a beautiful space and not break the budget to get it!! Looking forward to your feedback, talk to you soon.



Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Before and Afters- Part Deux

Here is another posting of Before and Afters.  It's my favorite thing to read from others so I think some of you might like it too. 

I love finding old desks at estate sales.  They usually just need a good cleaning and paint. 

Here is the "after".  I sell these desks as quickly as I put them in my booth.  Every kid needs a desk of his own and these are so sturdy and well made, I love that they will go on to live another life as a useful, unique piece. This one has been distressed in two tones with blue undercoat and distressed glazing on top. 

Here is another mid century piece that is in such great shape.  

Just a new coat of white paint, distressed and glazed makes this piece beautiful



I found this antique in a hoarder house!! No joke.  I wouldn't joke about that! It was in bad shape. The veneer is damaged on the doors and there was no mirror.  And the smell....whew!!

Here is the same little girl vanity all cleaned up and painted white.  You can still see the damage on the doors but it's what makes it "shabby chic" I also was lucky enough to find this mirror at GW and after painting it looks perfect.

Remember the Barn!!

After: Four weekends of hard work to demo that bad boy! I love my husband! 

After the After:  This is one of Joe's custom tables made from that barn wood.  Did I mention that I love my husband?

This is a "nursing"chair that I bought at auction!   I don't know why I raised my paddle, nobody even bid against me??  Good thing it was cheap. Well I haven't done anything with it and I hate (don't know how) to upholster. so it's been sitting in my storage for months. 


I found this at Jo Anns.  Fabric spray paint!!! I bought it, but was skeptical because painting fabric always makes it hard, right???  

Here is the after.  Not bad right.  I would do this again on a small chair.  The paint went fast!!  It took 2 cans to do this little chair.  I like the coverage, and it is NOT hard!!  Fabric is as soft as before.  Surprised me.

Another little vanity.  Can you guess that I love these. This one was in good condition just needed an update.  

I used my favorite taupe-ish color and distressed slightly. I love that original hardware and the wheels on the legs were all there and working.  This is rare to find.

Fun afternoon at the park feeding the ducks!!

After: all dressed up. She borrowed her Aunt Lindsey's dance recital costume from 1996. We even have the up-do going on. So PRETTY!!

Moving my little girl to college this week. Happy and sad. I thought it would be easier the second year of college, not really! 
I am coping because I am so proud of her and know she is in the right place accomplishing all she needs to fulfill her dreams.

Stay tuned for moving pictures!! Should be drama free!! :)
YOLO

Gwen 

No comments:

Post a Comment